As a Candidate for Selectman, my overall goal is to find ways that the town can limit the high tax increases that we have been seeing over the last few years, while still meeting the needs of the town. As selectman, I would like to review what we are currently doing and develop new ideas for managing our growth and addressing the needs of New Boston, our residents and employees. This would include meeting with Department Heads to see what ideas they can bring to the table to help reduce the ever increasing tax burden to the citizen’s of New Boston.
While reviewing the Master Plan Survey results of 2015, I saw numerous comments regarding the high taxes and how it is forcing some of our residents right out of town. New Boston is a small town and we need to think of all of our current and future residents when looking at the “needs” versus “wants” of the town. We need to ensure that there is proper oversight of the individual departments and that we find ways to carefully monitor our spending. No matter the level of income, everyone has to live within their means and budgets need to be made that keep us on track. Our small town is growing, but lets work together to make this a comfortable, affordable, and well maintained rural community that provides better living with affordable taxes.
Please vote for me, Karen Scott for Selectman – “Responsible Spending and Forward Planning”
Click here for interview video.
*Note: Video was taken last year when Karen was a write-in candidate.
Fire Ward Candidate
My name is Bradford Bingham and I am running for the office of Fire Ward. I have been a resident of New Boston for 19 years. My wife Buffy and I have one daughter at NBCS. I am a sales manager at Essity Hygiene where I have been employed for 25 years. I have been a member of the New Boston fire department for over 15 years.
I feel with my technical project management and business background I will be an asset to the Fire Wards. To me a person in this position needs to be open minded, forward thinking and fiscally responsible. I meet all these criteria.
As a Fire Ward member, I believe it is our responsibility:
1. Insure our firefighters obtain the necessary training and equipment needed to safely perform their duties.
2. To present a complete and concise operating budget and to make sure the department operates within those guidelines.
3. Manage the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for the fire department, to ensure major expenditures for apparatus are appropriate.
4. Review growth plans to determine future department needs.
5. Responsibility of working with the Fire Chief, to make sure the tax payers are getting the highest quality service possible.
6. Listen to the needs of the people of the town and turn them into deliverables for the Fire Department where appropriate.
In closing I know I am the right candidate for the position and I ask for your vote on election day. Thank you for your time